Risk Management & Investigations
Investigations for the Corporate and Commercial Sector
Mainguard has the experience, expertise and resources to cover the following types of investigations in the Asia-Pacific region:
- Pre-employment Screening - includes employment history, background checks.
- Corporate Investigation - analyzing company’s ownership, nature of business activities, financial status of directors, media reports on the company and other information.
- Due Diligence - corporate and individual. Includes court searches, surveillance, property asset searches, verifying family circumstances and relationships.
- Employee Fraud Investigations - verifying business situation, the subject’s character, background, existing financial circumstances, work activities and relationships and other legal evidence required.
- Intellectual Property Investigations - includes test purchase and gathering legal evidence
- Commercial Fraud Investigations - includes tracking shipment of missing cargo, verifying transactions that should have occurred, corporate and personal due diligence, and other legal evidence required.
- Financial Investigations - verifying the financial status of a company and/or an individual such as bankruptcy records, assets and liabilities information
- Forensic Accounting Services - an audit and analysis of the balance sheet, profit and loss statements against reported business activities.
- Insurance Claims Verification - confirm identity and location of beneficiary, verify claimant’s eligibility for payout.
Risk Management Services
- Security risk assessments in new and volatile locations
- Security audits of office and factory premises
- Executive Protection Services
Business Feasibility Studies
Business feasibility studies involved gathering, compiling, analyzing and interpreting information on a specific product, target market, or subject matter which is crucial to the client for the strategic planning purposes.
The process of gathering the information can involve:
- Market Survey
- Competitor Intelligence
- Research from primary and secondary sources of information
Civil investigations involve working on assignments which are personal or family-related in nature such as:
- Locating missing persons and long lost relatives
- Obtaining legal evidence on cases involving estranged family members
- Obtaining evidence for child custody cases, especially where one parent is a foreigner
- Verifying nature of personal relationships
Drug & Alcohol Testing Services
Through our alliances with experienced partners and laboratories, we are able to provide:
Drug and Alcohol testing services for pre-employment screening and random employment monitoring to government authorities, airlines and shipping companies.
Other services that we can provide include:
- Policy Writing
- Training Programme
- 24 hour and / or Random Call Out Service and Testing
- Laboratory Services
- Care and Rehabilitation Options
Scientific Forensic Services
Through our alliance with The Forensics Expert Group (TFEG), we are able to provide the following range of services:
Forensic analysis and consultancy for the following areas:
- Bloodstain Patterns
- Counterfeit Drugs
- Crime Scene Reconstruction
- Firearms & Toolmarks
- Fires & Explosions
- Illicit Drugs
- Questioned Documents
- Scientific Simulation
- Shoeprints & impressions
- Trace Evidence
- Traffic Accident Reconstruction
The TFEG are able to provide forensic analysis and consultancy services to support investigations, civil disputes, coroner’s inquiries and criminal justice.
- Casework & crime scenes: Our experts visits crime scenes, accident scenes and conduct examinations on the above types of physical evidence. Casework typically culminates in a formal forensic report. When furnished with relevant photographs, sketch plans and other information, we can revisit old scenes to evaluate the physical context of a crime or accident, and provide an expert opinion.
- Case preparation & consultancy: Part of any case preparation is understanding all facets of the investigation, forensic processes and significance of the evidence. We can assist you through the maze of scientific data to provide a clear understanding of the physical evidence, advise on the technical terminology, and review the forensic processes related to the specific evidence.
- Case review: A case review entails a thorough scientific evaluation of a forensic report, expert’s credentials, supporting lab records and information related to the case. Our experts can pinpoint the basis for an expert’s conclusion and ascertain whether an opinion is over or understated. We can advise on the quality of a forensic report, significance of forensic findings as well as the interpretation and implications of negative evidence.
- Court testimony: For any formal report we provide, we are available as expert witnesses for the Court trial.
- Forensic science training courses and solutions for investigators, lawyers and lab personnel.